The time has come for you to begin looking into replacing your asphalt roofing system. Usually, the first question asked is “How much will it cost me?” That is a great place to start, and it is important to realize the many things that go into the cost of a new asphalt shingle roof.
The average cost of a new asphalt shingle roof in Atlanta is roughly $15,000. This cost depends on a variety of factors such as the size of the home, the roofing materials you choose, and the installation costs of the roofing contractor. On average, asphalt shingles will cost between $380 and $600/square. Here is a rough estimate of the breakdown:
- 15 square roof: $5,700 to $9,000
- 20 square roof: $7,600 to $12,000
- 25 square roof: $9,500 to $15,000
- 30 square roof: $11,400 to $18,000
Roofs are measured in “squares”. A 100-square-foot area is considered 1 square in roofing terms. To simplify, the amount of material needed to cover 100 square feet of roof area is equal to 1 square of roofing material. So, as an example, if a roof surface area is 2000 square feet, the contractor would figure 20 squares. You can approximate how many squares your home is by dividing the square feet of your roof area by 100.
What are some factors to help determine if a new roof is needed?
- Loose or missing shingles
- Damaged vents
- Wavy-looking surface
- Evidence of animals in the attic
- Granules in the gutter system
- Light shining through the attic
- Evidence of moisture on the walls or ceiling of the attic
It is best to contact a trusted professional Atlanta roofing contractor who properly replaces your current roofing system. Contact RCB Roofing in Atlanta for more information and a free inspection of the condition of your roof. We are committed to providing our customers with quality materials and service to help turn your home into the safe haven it needs to be.
Why should I call a local roofing contractor when I require a new roof? Consider these points.
- A DIY project can take longer than a professional roofing contractor.
- Mistakes can be made by the average homeowner who doesn’t understand the proper procedures for installing a roof.
- If done incorrectly, the installation will need to be redone. This could result in more money being spent on the same roof.
- The homeowner may not fully be aware of the rules, regulations, and permits when attempting to install a roof. A roofing company understands all that must be done to work according to local laws.
- The roofing company has the proper safety equipment necessary to successfully and safely complete the job.
- Many roofing warranties require the installation to be done by a professional.
Here are 5 benefits to replacing your roof this year.
Increased Home Value
A new roof can certainly increase the value of your home. According to 2022 Remodeling Magazine, a new roof can boost your home value by nearly $12,000.
Improve Energy Efficiency
Installing a new roof will seal up any damaged areas, creating a new solid barrier between your home and the elements. At the same time, adding any needed insulation will ensure added protection against the changing temperatures of each season. Many roofing materials are now ENERGY STAR-rated, so make sure to inquire about this when speaking with a trusted roofing contractor.
Selling Your Home?
Are you considering moving in 2023? If so, a new roof will be an exceptional selling benefit. The buyer will notice the sharp, fresh look when approaching the home. A level of comfort is granted knowing that a solid roof will keep the new owners safe and comfortable.
Age of Your Roof
Is your current roofing system nearing the end of its life? Some insurance policies limit coverage if a roof extends past a certain time frame. It would be worth speaking with your insurance agent to learn the details of your particular policy. A new upgraded roof could be the last one you purchase for your home.
Is your current roof showing signs of damage or wear? There are times when a repair can extend the life of your roof. However, if the damage is too much, a completely new roof is best. The only way to completely learn how much life is left in your current roof is to have it professionally inspected.
Place your trust in a roofing contractor that can assist with all of your roofing repairs, maintenance, and new roof installation. We have been serving the local area with superior workmanship, honest customer service, and quality materials. Call Atlanta’s trusted roofing company for a free inspection!